This page has moved to a new address.

37 countries in 37 years...

My Poppet : your weekly dose of crafty inspiration: 37 countries in 37 years...

My Poppet : your weekly dose of crafty inspiration

Friday 12 August 2011

37 countries in 37 years...

I was just reading Melissa's blog One Crafty Mamma*, and her post on her Top 10 Holiday Destinations caught my attention. Why, because with the exception of 2 of the destinations I'd experienced 8 out of 10 of her choices. (Sorry, not trying to be a show off)

(*One Crafty Mamma is a sponsor this month, but I've read her blog for a long time and its full of good stuff, pop over and visit. She has recently won a top blogger award, and is taking her family on a great adventure with her prize money! Well done Melissa.)

This lead me to start thinking of all the countries I've visited to in my life and I started to make a list. The criteria was that I had to have spent at least a day there (airport transit didn't count). Some of these countries I've visited more than once, some for a day, some for several months, some when I was a kid with my family, others on my own or with friends...
So in alphabetical order I have been to:

Argentina
Australia (obviously)
Austria
Belgium
Chile (inc. Easter Island)
ChinaHere I am on the left with my mum and sister in Feb 1986 on the Great Wall of China. It was cold, we were dressed like Yetis
Czech Republic
Denmark
Egypt
Estonia
Finland
France
French Polynesia (Tahiti)
Germany
Greece
Hong Kong
Indonesia
Italy
Japan
Liechtenstein
Macau
Malaysia
New Zealand
PeruAfter trekking the Inca trail for 4 days, I made it to Machu Picchu

Portugal
Russia
Singapore
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
Thailand
Tunisia
Turkey
United Kingdom
USA
Vatican City (yes it is officially a country!)
VietnamRisking life and limb on a cyclo in Vietnam

So that's 37 countries, and I'm turning 37 this year, coincidence? o_O

Would you like to know more about any of these adventures? I'd love to share my photos and experiences with you. Some pics are in my parents' photo albums so they may be a bit harder to dig out.
Have you been to any of these places? Which ones did you love the most?

Labels: