This page has moved to a new address.

Welcome back!

My Poppet : your weekly dose of crafty inspiration: Welcome back!

My Poppet : your weekly dose of crafty inspiration

Tuesday 5 February 2008

Welcome back!

I hope everyone had a lovely break and are not suffering from a case of post-holiday blues like me. You know, desprately avoiding getting your legs waxed for fear that the nice golden colour that you worked so hard to acheive, may be waxed away right along with the incredibly long hair that everyone is starting to notice! Too much information? Thought so...

The Shop is now open again and I'm busy re-arranging to make way for new stock.
Lots of fabulous things on the way in the next few weeks...i'll keep you posted.
If you are lucky enough to be on the mailing list you would have received one of these:

It's not too late to join. I'll be sending out another batch of vouchers to newbies latter in the week.



Can anyone help me in my endevours to find an accountant that is actually excited about creative small businesses?
This is my typical conversation so far...
Me: " I wasn't happy in my previous career and want to sucessfully run my own business and have fun at the same time."
Accountant: Rolls his eyes and sighs disaprovingly "Locally made, no money in that! Why don't you import a whole lot of cheap stuff from Cambodia, you can mark it up by a squillion percent and make a killing."
Me: "But thats the opposite of what want My Poppet to be"
Accountant: Grumble, grumble..."we charge $200+ and hour, send over your paperwork so we can take any profit that the tax man misses"
Not word for word but you get the idea.
So if any of you lovely readers can reccomend someone or is in fact an accountant that can help me (and won't roll your eyes), I'd love to hear from you.